Career Promising Jobs in System Programming at Gweka Consulting Services
Systems programming, or system programming, is the activity of programming computer system software. Even if mobile phones have taken over, computer systems are the backbone of businesses around the globe. System programming jobs have a great scope and it also provides career opportunities in areas such as Electronic Data Processing (EDP) and MIS.
System Programming Job Roles
- Installation, upgrade and maintenance of Mainframe automation products like CA OPS/MVS, TIVOLI AFOPER, IBM System Automation for z/OS and related products.
- Develop and manage e-commerce websites, web applications & web sites. Analyze, design, code, debug, test, document & deploy applications.
- Research on emerging application development software products , languages , and standards in support of development efforts Work collaboratively with team members and reports on the use and status of services , evaluate and implement policies and procedures Diagnose and resolve issues in a timely manner Recommend.
- Supporting several aspects of the z/OS technical area like z/OS Upgrades (V2.1 and V2.2), z/OS monthly maintenance, was also involved in upgrades, maintenance and tuning of program products for large mainframe environments.
- Proficiency with C, C 11, STL, Cross-platform development Expertise in Windows messages, ATL, WTL, COM, message loops, window hooking/ sub classing.
Systems Job Roles
- Installing and configuring software, hardware and networks, monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Supervising and monitoring system performance and configuring new software and hardware.
- Designing all system models and specifications for all application development teams and assisting staff to ensure effective operation of all systems.
- Implementing a new computer system, training employees on a new piece of software, or creating a new data storage or recordkeeping system.
- Responsible for resolving escalated service issues, coaching other engineers to resolutions, and engineering and implementing complex projects.
EDP Job Roles
- Responsible for the supervision of the daily activities of network and data communications support.
- Utilizes database computer management software for problems on recording job and device breakdowns.
- Create and analyze queries based on data in the data warehouse. Use SQL, PLSQL and other query tools to execute complex queries.
MIS Job Roles
- Proficient with MS Excel, knowledge of Advanced Excel will be an added advantage as we will be assigning MIS work as well.
- Maintaining process level trackers and publishing reports and driving scheduled adherence.
- Develops MIS documentation to allow for smooth operations and easy system maintenance.
- Responsible for handling complete skill development vertically. Making of Proposal, Presentation, Setting up of New centre and execution of various skill development schemes like PMKVY, DDUGKY, ELSTP, RSTP, PMKK – state Mission projects.