Different Types of Jobs in Construction at Gweka Consulting Services
Day by day, new buildings are being made around the world for commercial and residential purposes. A construction project includes the efforts of vast human resources from ground level to management level. With every new project, new jobs in construction emerge and some of them promise a fruitful career.
Site Execution Job Roles
- Providing support to the supervisors and senior site engineers throughout the project on the assigned site.
- Providing advice and supervision in technical issues from day to day at construction sites.
- A civil engineer is responsible for managing, developing, and maintaining construction projects.
- Supervising all the staff on the construction site and connecting with the contractors.
- Overseeing the overall work of the construction site while ensuring compliance of safety and other dimensions.
Project Management Job Roles
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the activities of a construction project.
- Executing and finalizing the construction projects according to the timeline and proposed budget.
- Overseeing the different aspects of a building process and working closely with all the teams through proper communication from time to time.
- Ensuring that all the ongoing construction projects are on time and preparing final reports on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the management of design, construction, logistics procurement, and budgets to ensure the efficiency of time, quality, and cost of assigned projects.
Project Planning Job Roles
- Establishing active communication with both clients and vendors for ensuring services are provided accurately.
- Gathering and analyzing project data to plan the project and controlling costs.
- The assistant planning manager administrates material production & movement from vendors.
- Supervising the assistant planning managers of the different departments and preparing proposals and site plans.
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of planning strategies for the different building projects.
Quality & Billing Job Roles
- Checking bills and invoices and from different vendors of materials and construction machine contractors.
- Helps in identifying the quality requirements of a specific project and then controlling the quality throughout the project.
- Managing the billing department on a daily basis and maintaining the accounts properly of every building at a project site.
- Locating vendors of construction material and equipment and preparing requisitions and purchase orders.
- Developing purchasing strategy and procedures, negotiating with key suppliers at the senior level, and forecasting price and market trends.