Major Jobs in Civil Services - IAS, IPS, IFS, and Central Services Group-A/ B
The Civil Services refer to the career bureaucrats who are the permanent executive branch of the Republic of India.
Via the Civil Services Examination, the UPSC recruits candidates for various Central and All India Civil Service posts in the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS), etc.
Civil Services- IAS Job Roles
- Advising the ministers on various issues and framing policies for the nation.
- Supervising the implementation of policies and expenditure of public funds as per the rules.
- Consulting with ministers of different departments in lieu of law and order.
- Collection of revenue and function as Courts in revenue matters.
IPS Job Roles
- Leading and commanding the Elite Central Police Organizations.
- Maintaining public peace and order throughout the assigned geographical areas.
- CCrime prevention, investigation, and detection within the powers provided by law.
- Interact and coordinate closely with the members of other All India Services and Central Civil Services.
IFS Job Roles
- Indian Foreign Services Offices deals with external affairs of the country.
- Responsible for framing and implementation of policies which govern India’s relations with other countries.
- Representing India in its embassies, high commissions, consulates, and permanent missions to multilateral organizations.
- Negotiating agreements on various issues with the authorities of foreign states.